Sign up to this course
Are you a recent graduate interested in working within the West Yorkshire Police?
As part of Grad Skills, we are offering an exclusive course to cover Police Staff roles, as well as routes into the Police Officer roles through the Degree Holder Entry Pathway (DHEP). The course will allow graduates to review their current skills and explore the opportunities available within the police force, with support given on how to map their skills to apply and pursue roles within the Public Services sector.
You can attend this course in either Bradford (23rd/24th August), Huddersfield (8/9 September), or Leeds (dates to be announced). Email email@example.com for the Leeds course, or click the relevant button to sign up today!
Course provider: Grad Skills
Eligibility: You must be aged 19+ and live in West Yorkshire and have graduated within the last 5 years.
Start Date: Bradford course 23/24th August, Huddersfield course 8/9 September, Leeds course October
Duration: 2 consecutive days, 10am-4pm
Venue: face-to-face at the areas university site
What does this course cover?
The course covers all basic elements of entry into the West Yorkshire Police, including:
- Taster session from the DHEP programme
- Information and understanding of wider police staff speciality roles within the West Yorkshire Police, including PCSO, DCI and Digital Policing
- Discovery session looking at traits and values assessed at the National Assessment Centre
- An explanation of the application process and procedures for detective roles
- Awareness of digital footprint when applying for a role within the Public Services sector
- Industry professional presentation from a member of the West Yorkshire Police
- Skill audit reviews, goal setting and pathway planning
Is this course for me?
This course is designed for recent graduates looking to seek employment in the West Yorkshire Police Force. It is recommended that you should have basic IT skills, literacy skills and an interest in working within the Public Services sector, with a specific interest in working within the police.
Developing your personal strengths:
Throughout the course, we’ll identify, develop and enhance the personal strengths and qualities required for working within the West Yorkshire Police.
We’ll have exercises and challenges to help you develop outstanding skills and support you to find your desired role within the police.
For further information or support please email firstname.lastname@example.org