Sign up to this course
Gain the skills, knowledge and certification required to progress in your career as a Construction Site Operative.
Course provider: Wakefield College
Start dates: 29 April 22, 23 September 22, 18 November 22
Duration: The programme will run for 5 days over a period of 5 weeks
Venue: Wakefield College, Castleford Campus
Overview/summary of training
The course is aimed at new entrants or more experienced Site Operatives who want to progress in their careers. The course will provide existing employees with proper recognition of their skills, which will increase their career opportunities, as well as providing them with additional competency in a range of subjects.
NOCN CSkills Awards Level 1 Award in Health and Safety in a Construction Environment (603/2371/1)
Classroom learning assessed via an exam:
- Principles of risk assessment for maintaining and improving health and safety at work
- Importance of safe manual handling in the workplace
- Importance of working safely at height in the workplace
- Importance of working around plant & equipment safely
- Basic bricklaying skills; suitable for building chambers and raising ironwork
- Preparation of areas to receive paving / block paving.
- Safe use of wacker plate.
- Block paving skills
- Safe use of cut off saw including abrasive wheels
- Mixing & placing concrete & reinforced concrete
NOCN Site Right Certificate: Safe use of cut off saws including abrasive wheels